Skip to main content

2255 Motion To Vacate (Federal Conviction)

MOTION UNDER 28 U.S.C. § 2255

To use this form, you must be a person who is serving a sentence under a judgment against you in a federal court. You are asking for relief from the conviction or the sentence. This form is your motion for relief.

You must file this form in the United States district court that entered the judgment that you are challenging. If you want to challenge a federal judgment that imposed a sentence to be served in the future, you should file the motion in the federal court that entered the judgment.

Motion To Vacate Federal Conviction (AO 243)