Payment Information

Notice to Customers Making a Payment

Effective August 1, 2011 the Clerk's Office will no longer accept cash as a form of payment. Payment must be made using one of the following methods: money order, cashier's check or debit/credit card.


If you have any questions regarding these notices, please contact the Clerk's Office at 225-389-3500


Notice to customers using ACH is making some changes to the way it processes electronic debit payments from bank accounts. To determine if this change will affect you and the payments you make through, answer the following two questions:

1. Do you submit payments through using ACH (electronic debits from a bank or other financial institution account)?

2. Does your bank or financial institution account currently have ACH debit blocks in place?

If the answer is "yes" to both of these questions, you will need to provide a new routing transit number for to your financial institution so that your payments will continue to process successfully. This new routing number, 041036046, will be used in addition to the existing routing number 042736141.

If you previously unblocked your account for ACH debits with's ten-digit Company ID numbers instead of unblocking by routing number, you will not be affected by this change.

Please monitor your account to ensure that your payments are being debited from your account correctly and that the agency you are making payments to receives your payment in a timely fashion. Note: Rejected ACH transactions are subject to NSF Fees.


Notice to Customers Making Payment by Check

Beginning July 12, 2010, the USDC LAMD clerk's office will have the ability to use the Paper Check Conversion Over The Counter System (PCC OTC) for converting checks into electronic fund transfers. When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.

When we use information from your check to make an electronic fund transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day we receive your payment, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution. Additional information can be found on the court's website under FAQ's for Paper Check Conversion.

Privacy Act – A Privacy Act Statement required by 5 U.S.C. § 552a(e)(3) stating our authority for soliciting and collecting the information from your check, and explaining the purposes and routine uses which will be made of your check information, is available from our internet site at:, or call toll free at 1-866-945-7920 (local number (Delaware) 302-324-6442, Military DSN 510-428-6824 (option 4, option 5, option 4) )to obtain a copy by mail. Furnishing the check information is voluntary, but a decision not to do so may require you to make payment by some other method.