LAMD Attorney Admission
***Attorneys participating in any of the Mass Admission ceremonies, please make the appropriate selection on the Bar Registration Page.
Instructions for Admission to practice before the Middle District of Louisiana
- All petitions for admission to the bar of this Court are to be submitted
on-line on the form approved by this Court (Rule 83.2.3M)
- All petitioners for admission to the bar of this Court must be members in good
standing of the bar of the Supreme Court of Louisiana (Rule
- All petitions for admission must be accompanied by certificate of good standing
from the Louisiana Supreme Court, dated within the last six(6) months. This must
be the original with the Court seal. The original application with all
original signatures and the original certificate must be maintained in your
office for a period of one year and must be produced if requested.
- The petition for admission shall include the affidavits of two attorneys who are
members in good standing of the bar of this court. The forms for these
affidavits are included as part of the petition
- The petitioner’s signature by the Oath of Office must be notarized. If the
signature is not notarized, the petitioner will be advised.
- Once completed, the petition and accompanying documents shall be scanned to a
single PDF file and uploaded to the Admission registration page.
- Upon filing of the petition, the petitioner shall pay an admission fee of
$191.00 online, using a credit card or ACH via pay.gov. The above amount
represents the fee required by the Judicial Conference and the annual Bench Bar
fee pursuant to ULLR 22.214.171.124M. In the event the
petitioner is not admitted, the fee will be refunded.
- No Appearance is necessary or required. Personal appearance to be sworn
in is waived.
- Upon receipt of the petition, the deputy clerk will screen the petition. Where
the requirements for admission are met, the petitioner will be notified via
email, a certificate of admission issued, the petitioner’s name added to the
roll of attorneys and an electronic e-filing account will be issued. Where the
requirements are not met, the petitioner will be contacted with appropriate
instructions. (Rule 83.2.3M)
- Download the PDF fillable Petition and Motion for Admission. To download the
Petition to your PC click here.
Once the Petition is open, complete and print.
- Click here to access the Bar Registration Page for the Middle District of Louisiana